Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We Love July!


July has been so much fun for us, I guess we haven't even thought about posting! We have had a bunch of stuff going on this month, so this is going to be a long post. We started with a 4th of July party at my parent's house. The kids played in the water and slip n slide, we had a barbecue to celebrate Katie & Adam's homecoming, and finished the night with a showing of "Bee Movie" on Grandpa's Outdoor Cinema. Koy had such a good time, I fell asleep
before he did.



Right after the 4th Koy got another ear infection so we took him to our regular doctor and he suggested taking him to an ENT specialist to see if he needed tubes in his ears. We went to that doctor, and sure enough tubes were the way to go. Koy had the surgery and did so good! After he woke up in the recovery room he was eating snacks and waving bye to all the doctors and nurses. So far, I think he has been ear infection-free so it has been worth it.

The next event of the month was that our subdivision got approved by the city! TJ worked really hard to get it all together and the only question the Planning Commission asked was, "Are you going to start construction before or after you harvest the corn?" I think by now we all know the answer to that one. I was so excited-I am now imagining buying jet-dry tabs for a real dishwasher instead of palmolive for handwashing! All of you that already have a dishwasher should be extra grateful when you load the dirty dishes tonight and in the morning they are magically clean!

I was so sad when all of us were sick during the Round-Up, but only temporarily because Steel Days came so soon. (Since I am still new to Lehi, I secretly prefer Steel Days anyway.) We took Koy to the carnie along with my niece and nephews and he loved it! He cried and cried whenever the ride was over and he had to get off. He can make such a sad face, I think he almost had those hardened carnies ready to give him a free ride! We went to the parade and Koy was all about running out and getting the candy.





Next up was July 24th and that means we headed to Spanish Fork to the rodeo. We were kind of worried that Koy wouldn't enjoy sitting there for the whole thing, but turns out we had nothing to worry about. He loved all the horses, and I think his favorite thing were the broncos, he wasn't too sure about the bulls. The rodeo apparently made a big impression on Koy, because he now prefers to watch 8 Seconds over Jungle Book. He runs around and pretends like he is riding a bull. Just another thing that proves to me that Koy is a little TJ.




We finished the month with a trip up to the ranch with some of the Tranes. Koy had the best time playing with all the kids, riding the four-wheeler, and sucking rocks. He did not however, sleep. He wanted to keep going and going. I could not get him to settle down for a nap, and the only way he would sleep at night was to sleep in between me and TJ. I was ready to turn him loose and let him run with the bears! Needless to say, I got no sleep because I had two little feet kicking me in the face all night.

9 comments:

ryan + carly said...

wow...very eventful month! i am sad to hear that koy got another ear infection, but very happy he is all better! and sooooo happy your subdivision got approved! i remember the awful days of not having a dishwasher in our first apartment and i am going to be very grateful tonight when i load my dishwasher! lol. i think you shaved koy's head a couple months ago, but can i just tell you, he looks so so cute. your little mini me! love ya.

Melissa said...

So stinking cute! You guys have been busy. See, it's so fun to have these blogs so we can see what you're up to. I am jealous you got to go to the rodeo--I always liked going. And don't worry, I am sure everyone would take Steele Days over Lehi Days (forgot what they are called)wither they admit it or not:) I wiil think of you as I load my dishwasher today and I am so excited for you to get one!

Sheesh said...

All I have to say is that I feel your pain on the no dishwasher thing!! SUCKS!!!
Oh yeah and Koy is super cute!

Jobi Niu said...

Koy is so cute! My cousin was over today I was doin her hair and she was talkin about a guy she likes name Koy.. I showed her your little boy and she thought he was so cute too! :)

Michelle Lewis Trane said...

ok, so I just found out you have a blog. Coy is so cute! I can't wait to keep in touch better. I will send you an invite to my blog!

Michelle Lewis Trane said...

Ok, it's me again. I love the video of Coy eating chicken, and that picture of him on T.J's back. Sooo cute. Here is my email mltrane@msn.com. Email your address to me so I can invite you to my blog. I am private because I am a freak!

The Leatherberry's said...

Hey Rachel! I was so glad to find you on Carly's. You have such a cute family! Your little boy is too cute! I loved all the pictures and just seeing what's going on in your life these days. I'm gonna add you to my blog if that's okay? I just want to stay updated and see how cute your little family is!:)

Candice

Brad and Jana said...

Hey Rachel, I saw your blog on Carlys too (like Candice) Koy is so cute! I love seeing everyones blogs! It is so fun to see everyones cute families and see what they are up too!

Lindsey said...

Rachel Barney Trane! Hi! I'm so glad that I can glimpse into your life with your blog! Koy is adorable. What an awesome momma you are! I'm so excited to see more.
Oh, and I can totally sympathize with the dishes. It's the least favorite part of my life. Seriously, everyone out there that has a dishwasher should be so thankful.