Friday, December 5, 2008

Dog Trouble

I went to pay a "dog at large ticket" and guess how much: $75 freaking dollars!  Back story:  A couple of weeks ago our lab, Duke, magically escaped from his kennel and had a nice vacation at the animal shelter.  TJ was of course out of town, so I had to go pick him up, walk past all the unwanted dogs which almost left me in tears, plus pay $90 to get him out.  So there I was this morning paying for the stupid ticket and decided I had had enough!  I am drawing the line!  The court date is December 15 and you better believe I will be there with enough evidence to get that ticket dismissed!  (But I'm bringing my checkbook just in case.)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

$75 bucks! I would fight that too. I love the Haloween costumes too!

ryan + carly said...

rachel! so unreal. i am totally coming to court with you to hear you fight this. you're my favorite for sure. i love your very determined mind...and then the fact that you are bringing your checkbook just in case! lol sooo good. let's swim next week. how about it?

Haws Family said...

That is such a funny story! I love that you are still bringing your check book. To funny. I sure will be home in two weeks. I think I can make it that long.

katie said...

Give 'em hell. Lehi cops can suck it.

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard and then I read Katie's comment and I'm rolling. You Barney girls are hilarious!
I was once dog sitting (in Lehi) for my sister and her dog got out and went to the dog clink and SHE had to pay $90 too. I felt bad, but I didn't have the money. Hmmm, she hasn't asked me to tend for her since then...